Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Leaking air from pontoon lifters

walketo1
walketo1 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Is there a way to eliminate the annoying air leaking from the pontoon lifter on my SW 2086? It happens when I first get back to the dock and continues until all the air is out of the lifter. It only happens on the port side. My guest think my boat is sinking. Very embarrassing.

Answers

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 137 admin
    Hmmm..checking with the engineers on this..stay tuned!
  • walketo1
    My dealer Russell Marine tells me it is a common problem on all the Godfrey pontoons. Your research is most appreciated!
  • Capt_Steve
    Okay, here's what I've been told. The lifters are tack welded, not solid welded and that sometimes permits air to get through. There is absolutely nothing structurally wrong, but if you know a welder, he can add a solid weld to the lifters to eliminate the sounds. Good luck! 
  • walketo1
    Hmmmm.....that's not very good quality control. My dealer said new Godfrey pontoon owners call him all the time thinking their boat is sinking. Your engineers need to fix the problem.
  • Capt_Steve
    Thanks for bringing that to our attention...they will be looking into the issue.