Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

PE 220SL exposed seat staples have done a lot of damage to my vinyl when opening to access storage

SweetH20
SweetH20 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
I have had my boat 1 month total and a ton of the vinyl is already damaged because the staples under the seat rest on the flat vinyl piece when seats are opened to access the storage area below the seats. Seems like a very poor design flaw. I am going to need a lot of vinyl replaced and also will need some new seats / furniture where 2 corners meet and have rubbed together causing both to tear open. This is so frustrating given I have used the boat like only 3-4 times so far. I am not too proud to take friends out to show off my new boat with all the damage. It can all be fixed during the winter but then what is the solution so it does not happen again? Makes it tough when boat I will have boat in the Southeast this winter and my selling dealer is in the north. Does anyone have experience with Godfrey warranty work ? Also, how tough will it be to get another Sweetwater dealer to take care of these issues ?

Comments

• Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 137 admin
    @SweetH20 ... any local Sweetwater dealer can handle this for you. If you need help tracking down contact info for someone near the boat, just need the zip code. Passing the design comments to the engineering team and Matt in Godfrey Customer Support. He can help coordinate your repairs. mstewart@nauticglobalgroup.com
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 137 admin
    @SweetH20 ... just confirmed that this is a known issue, and Sweetwater will coordinate repair through your closest dealer.
  • SweetH20
    Capt Steve. Thanks so much for following up on this.
  • dodger
    dodger Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Wow, awsome service, thanks Capt_Steve!
  • SweetH20
    Wanted to update all on this issue.  I have spoke with Clint in the Warranty Dept. at Godfrey and he has been very helpful in many ways.   I will let you know how this turns out.  Seems like the new vinyl / seats will take 8-10 weeks to arrive to the Dealer  from the factory.  Winter here is a good time to have this done since the boat is in storage now anyway.  
  • SweetH20
    Worked with Clint and local deal to solve this issue.  Manuf. shipped all new seats to the Dealer and they were installed recently and look great.  The seats were shipped with the same staples exposed which would have caused the same issue again but Manuf sent some protectors which solved the issue and all is good.  I must say I am very impressed with Nautic Global the way they have handled my Warranty issues.  This is a very stand up company based on my experience.  I will never buy a new boat except this brand based on the excellent Customer Service I have experienced.  (and no, I am in any way affiliated with the company,  just a very happy Customer !)