Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New boat! Couple of issues...

Options
lcichon
lcichon Member Posts: 1
Hey guys, thanks for reading this. Just bought a new Sweetwater 240 SD with a Yamaha F150 4 stroke. I've had a few boats in the past and some jet skis. It's an awesome boat, but after the first weekend of boating I ran into a couple issues and am looking for some advice:

1. There is a noticeable vibration when at idle in either forward or reverse on the engine. A couple forums said this was normal for that engine, but it doesn't seem like it should be to me. Other people say it can be due to a improper balancer install?

2. Trimmed the engine all the way up to clear a branch from the outboard and the engine cowl ran into the pontoon deck and cracked! About a 2" crack. Every boat I've every had stopped before hitting anything when you trimmed it up. Is this normal for a pontoon boat? Do you think I can get it replaced under warranty?

Thanks for your time!

Lee