Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Best propeller for 2013 SW2086 Coastal Edition with Yamaha F90LA?

Options
What is the best propeller for my 2013 SW2086 Coastal Edition with Yamaha F90LA? 

My dealer insists that the 17 pitch they installed is their gold standard but I can't get over 3600 RPMs and19.2 MPH in calm water with 2 people onboard.

Comments

• mjsokolovic
    mjsokolovic Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Boomer!

• horsepen40
    horsepen40 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I have full length strakes on mine, but w/2 people and a light gear load I hit 6200 RPM and 32 mph with a 13" pitch prop. It came with a 17" pitch prop which gave me 5300 RPM and 28 mph. Good luck to you. 
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    13 on my 115 yammy 2286 tri tune gives me WOT at 32 mph 2 people and cooler and I weigh over 300# very satisfied

• Ddancers
    Ddancers Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Options

Hi mjsokolovic 

My marina also has a 17" pitch on my 115Hp 240DF. First time out got only 28 mph 2 people but understand for 26 footer that's about right. However had a lot of cavitation problems which has resulted in a lot of changes. I see Yamaha has a lot of pontoon performance propeller that are recommended when you use their site that Boomer mentioned. However when I called, and talked to a tech he claimed the 17" that it came with was right. Very confusing site states one thing and actual tech say something else. Let me know what you decide and if you try something that's better please let me know. If one of the Pontoon Performance work in the long run the cost of $400 will be cheap.