Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Small railings in front of bow mounted fishing seats

Options
carguybill
carguybill Member Posts: 29 ✭✭

We have a 2016 Sweetwater 2086BF and I am considering a pair of small railings mounted forward of the bow mounted fishing seats. I see this as a safety thing for my grand-kids just to give them something to grab onto if they slip or fall. What I have in mind is a pair of railings about 18-20 inches wide and the standard height.

The forward seats are not, of course, used when the boat is underway. 

Any comments about the advisability or desirability or problems with this idea will be appreciated.

Comments

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, just a suggestion if you do it, use through bolts instead of screws
  • tarheel
    tarheel Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't see this as preventive, if they do fail in then the fence will become a barrier to helping them.  Just ensure they wear the proper vests and teach them to be careful.
    Our kids grew up on an older pontoon with no front railing and it never was a safety issue.
  • lovetoboat
    lovetoboat Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Options
    I like the idea espeacily with young kids although i dont know about  the design.CRF has it right-through bolt,and Tarheel also has it right-PFD and education. A whet/slippery deck can put anybody in the drink-it happened to my son. Sounds like to me that u are agood grandpar. happy fishing and watch out for the fishing hooks.
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options