Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

200ES float has water in it.

200ES
200ES Member Posts: 2
Where are the access plugs for this boat.  It's new to me and serves as a 3/4 ton pickup serving a remote island in Maine.  Right float 4" lower than right and boat is heavy.  Need to get water out to find out rate and trend of the problem.  Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I think your problem is how did the water get in the pontoon. You need to find someone who does aluminum welding pull a leak test and weld the leak 
  • CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    maybe he wants to drain it so he can get it up on a trailer properly ( to go get it tested & fixed)
  • 200ES
    200ES Member Posts: 2
    CRF-Thanks-that is exactly the need I have.  Does anyone know a good starting point for pontoon access plugs.  
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Well not sure but there are caps on top of the pontoons you may be able to remove them and try some sort of pump. Or drill and tap a plug in the end of the toon.
  • lovetoboat
    lovetoboat Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I have a sweetwater toon and this what I found. there are 2or3 separate sections-look for the welds-each section should have a plug .u can access from underneath the boat, top of the log. The plastic plug is 3/4 in pipe thread and can be unscrewed. u need to find the leaking section by droping a dry piece of string in each section. now comes the fun. If u have compressed air, a 3/4 plastic to 1/8 reducer for the schrator valve will screw into the the toon. u should be able to blow out the water and see the air bubbles .now u found the leak. go slow-Be carefull not to over pressureise the toon. good luck hopes this is of some help.
  • emmagreen
    emmagreen Member Posts: 4
    Firstly, find the leak