Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• Best Of...
  • Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

We are excited to announce that a full Forum system upgrade is under way, which will make it even easier to get answers to your questions, help other owners by using your boating experience, and receive dependable advice from our network of experts. While things may look and operate a little differently, we believe the new system will ultimately improve your Forum Member experience.

We are doing everything we can to transition your account smoothly without you having to change your current login, username or password. You should be able to get into your account exactly the same way once the transition takes place. However, if you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment in the General Discussions category.

We look forward to sharing new features with you as we upgrade and improve your Owner's Club Forum experience!

Sweetwater Fire

i recently purchased a brand new sweetwater 2486 with a Suzuki 150. On May 28, we noticed smoke and upon further inspection saw that all of the cabling coming from the battery was on fire and melting away. I used our fire extinguisher to put the fire out and was towed back to our house. The following week our dealer came and picked up the boat. Today, I found out that Godfrey has to make the parts to repair the boat and that process is not moving. I tried to call the warranty rep and left a voice mail but have not received any call back. 

My concern is this; this was a near catastrophic event involving my entire family on board the boat. We could’ve lost the whole boat and it was potentially life threatening. If I had purchased a car that caught on fire in the first 1000 Miles, (my boat has 8.5 hours) that Car would’ve been replaced. But I can’t even get a call back from Godfrey. Is this normal for Godfrey? Why don’t they seem to care? I am approaching 4 weeks without a boat. The way this situation has been handled is unacceptable. 

If anyone one has a number for the officers of Godfrey, please let me know. I think they need to know how broken this system really is.