Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2013 Aqua Patio w/Yamaha F115LA and 27" pontoons

t84a
t84a Member Posts: 6
I recently bought this. The previous owner put a 4 blade prop on that is underwhelming. I'm only getting 5400 at WOT. Does anyone know exactly what prop came stock on the boat? Thanks 

Comments

• Kapili
    Kapili Member Posts: 14
    I just bought a 2021 2286 sbx with a vmax 115, it came with an aluminum 135/8" x 14".  With this prop, 4 people on board, no trim, the rpm was 6400 and climbing.  I throttled back @6400 as the max rpm is 6300.  Speed was only 26.6 mph (very underwhelming for a tritoon boat),  no pull from 4000-6400 rpm.  I am doing research for another prop.
  • CraigModerator
    CraigModerator Member, Moderator Posts: 25
    Depending on what type of 3rd tube you have will determine maximum outboard HP rating for this model.  When powering any boat, the minimum HP outboard should be no less than 75% of the maximum HP rating for the boat.
    Below is a chart showing the maximum HP ratings for your boat model.
    The 2 Tube and Sport Tube models have a 150 HP max rating which puts minimum HP at 115 HP.
    The GTP and iMPACT tube models have a 200 HP max rating which puts minimum HP at 150 HP.

At 115 HP, you are at the lower part of the performance spectrum.  If you have the ability to over rev your motor, you may want to consider making a prop change or check that the motor is mounted at the proper depth (you would usually have prop cavitation issues if it was mounted too high).

Here's a good explanation regarding engine revs and prop pitch from West Marine:
    Engine rpms and pitch are inversely related. Increasing the pitch will decrease engine rpms and decreasing the pitch will increase engine rpms. As a general rule, a two-inch increase in pitch will result in a reduction of 300 to 400 rpm. Conversely, a two-inch decrease in pitch will result in an increase of 300 to 400 rpm. Going back to the question of performance at WOT, if your engine is under revving, consider a propeller with less pitch. If your engine is over revving, consider a propeller with more pitch.

• Kapili
    My third tube is a 27" sport tube, all tubes have lifting strakes.  After much research, and discussion with my dealer, I purchased a Talon SS4 13.25 X16 prop. This is for cruising/tubing/waterskiing/fuel economy, and handling, we normally cruise around at 10-15 mph.  I hope to achieve about 5800-6000 rpm without trim; with trim 6100-6300rpm, and 30-34 mph. with 2 people and 3/4 fuel on board. The prop is on back order through the middle of April (from PartsVu), will post after water test.  Generally speaking, the diameter of a four-blade prop is smaller than that of a three-blade prop with the same pitch.   A smaller diameter prop helps a four-blade spin up quickly and allows the motor to rev as high as it would with a three-blade of comparable pitch (theoretically).  Craig mahalo for your response.
  • Kapili

Talon SS4 Prop for VF115 SHO on Sweetwater 2286 SBX (repost 1/2 with heading)

My first post:  I just bought a 2021 2286 sbx with a vmax 115, it came with an aluminum 135/8" x 14".  With this prop, 4 people on board, no trim, the rpm was 6400 and climbing.  I throttled back @6400 as the max rpm is 6300.  Speed was only 26.6 mph (very underwhelming for a tritoon boat),  no pull from 4000-6400 rpm.  I am doing research for another prop.

My second post:  The third tube is a 27" sport tube, all tubes have lifting strakes. I chose the VF115 for my 2021 Sweetwater 2286 SBX for cruising and water-sports activities; since the 150 was heavier and more expensive.  After much research, and discussion with my dealer, I purchased a Talon SS4 13.25 X16 prop. This is for cruising/tubing/waterskiing/fuel economy, and handling, we normally cruise around at 10-15 mph.  I hope to achieve about 5800-6000 rpm without trim; with trim 6100-6300rpm, and 30-34 mph. with 2 people and 3/4 fuel on board. The prop is on back order through the middle of April (from PartsVu), will post after water test.  Generally speaking, the diameter of a four-blade prop is smaller than that of a three-blade prop with the same pitch.   A smaller diameter prop helps a four-blade spin up quickly and allows the motor to rev as high as it would with a three-blade of comparable pitch (theoretically).  Craig mahalo for your response.