Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Wash Down Unit

Options
mflasch
mflasch Member Posts: 2
Just purchased a 2018 Sweetwater 2186C boat with dealer installed wash down system.  Problem is that the pump they installed does not produce adequate water pressure.  They took me out on a boat with a factory installed unit which performed the same way.  Is there some trick to using the unit that neither myself or the dealer is aware of?  Their suggestion now is to add an additional pump to prime the system.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Mine didn't come with one I installed this one and it's like a car wash https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Johnson-Aqua-Jet-5-2-Gph-Washdown-Pump-Kit-W-Hose-p/joh64534.htm
  • Boomer
    Options
    Shop around above was just an example Think I paid $157 for mine early this spring
  • mflasch
    mflasch Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks Boomer.  I just can’t figure out why the dealer can’t install a pump that works.  I may end up installing something myself.
  • Boomer
    Options
    I have not see a factory install I mounted my unit on a piece of treated 2X6 put plastic chair slides on bottom so any water could flow under the 2X6 drilled a 1 1/8" hole in back panel of boat and ran the pickup down to the pontoon in front of the motor I mounted the switch on a piece of aluminum angle and made a switch guard out of a bungee cord container because when I closed the back down the changing room activated the switch this was thought up after my initial design thinking about a piece of PVC large enough to cover the switch and covering it with a simple PVC cap but all in all it works very well. I used high pressure hose for a dishwasher I got at Lowe's I had a strainer for the end of the pickup from a portable unit I had so if anyone uses this idea you will have to dream up a strainer

• jetfixer
    jetfixer Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Options
    I have the factory installed wash down on my 2018 Aqua Patio. There is a pump outside on the right log and the main pump under the front seat. It will shoot water about 20 feet.