Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

My horn stopped working on my 2012 Sanpan yesterday.

Is that a switch or horn problem? Where's the horn located?

Best Answer

Answers

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

SAME PLACE AS MINE, maybe you could check for power with a 12v light probe on the horn while someone else pushes the horn button.

• tarheel
    tarheel Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Horn is located on front Starboard side of floor just under the corner.  I had my horn replaced by dealer and the problem stems from a terrible location. The horn get waterlogged and dies.
    Dealer would not relocate without extra cost to me so its just a matter of time before it goes out again.
  • lovetoboat
    lovetoboat Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    same problem on my 2012 sweetwater- I relocated by bringing horn wires up through floor-cut a hole in seat base and mounted horns. not too much of a job but much easier when out of the water -saltwater does a job on most things so u need to avoid as much as possible.
  • Brown4724
    Brown4724 Member Posts: 1
    Mine went out on my 2486. At factory they mount them bell forward. They get wet. My dealer gave me a new horn. I mounted it bell facing backwards. Haven't had a problem since.