Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

has anyone used the build a boat feature then went to a dealer to buy that boat?

Just wondering what kind of price you got compared to the price on the godfrey sight. Their price seems substantially less then I see them list for at least up here in New York.

Best Answers

• tarheel
    tarheel Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Dealers are going to negotiate more on their in stock boats and if you want a custom boat made based on this website expect to pay much more for the customization.
    I suggest you find a dealer stocked boat which closely matches want you want and start from there. If you cannot find it, then ask your dealer to search other dealers for a boat which is closer to what you are looking for.
  • Funinsun
    Funinsun Member Posts: 3
    Answer ✓
    We purchased a new 2018 Aqua Patio and we built it from the water up. List price on the web site was close to 90K. Our dealership sold the boat to us for just over 60K with trailer.

Answers

• carguybill
    carguybill Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    My experience was that the dealer was happy to order my boat with the factory upgrades that I wanted and I don't believe that I paid an extra premium because of the special order. Also, I found that discussing my options with the dealer representative was rewarding because he, with his experience and product knowledge, was able to explain and suggest modifications, both less and more expensive, to my original list of upgrades.

Maybe it's just me but I hate to spend that much money and not get exactly what I wanted.
  • chucklm
    chucklm Member Posts: 5
    I just did last month. Ordered a Sweetwater 2286, with a 115 Merc. It was much less than the Godfrey list price.