Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New Sweetwater 2286 Triple Toon w/ Suzuki 140hp

jkf_oh
jkf_oh Member Posts: 2
Just put a deposit on a new 2286dl with triple toons and strakes powered by a Suzuki 140. Anyone have this set up? Hoping I can run 35mph with a couple people on board. It’s a 6 week wait for a 175 or 200 engine. 

Comments

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2286 tritune with a 115 yahama and it will run 32mph top end you should run 36 or 37 mph but my sweetspot is 20 mpr
  • jkf_oh
    jkf_oh Member Posts: 2
    That’s  pretty good out at a 115! How’s the handling on these? Im buying new sight unseen so little nervous. Been looking at them for a while and the dealer had 3 and I was down to 1 in a couple days because they are clearing out the 2018s so I just put a deposit down and hoped for the best haha!
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    HANDLES LIKE A DREAM there is a big difference between a pontoon and a tritune and quiet as a mouse. I was  going to go to a 150 and my dealer  told me that the boat and motor were matched as the sticker on the back stated. He said for 3k more you will get 5 more mph and unless we were to be doing a lot of tubing it was a waste of money. We are very satisfied
  • GLee
    GLee Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2018 2286C with triple toons and strakes also powered by Suzuki 140. I can only get 30mph top end. That's with 2 on board and bimini top up. I think the engine is mounted in hole #2. Can't remember exactly, boat is in storage. Love the boat but I don't think it is set up for maximum performance. Anyone else have any experience with this setup?