Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2015 Sweetwater Model 2286 gas opening doesn't allow gas nozzle to go in?

We just purchased a 2015 Sweetwater Model 2286. Filled it at a gas station on the way to the lake (discovering the problem) and then again at another location on the lake... confirming it was the boat, not the stations issue since the 2nd locations nozzle wouldn't fit either.

It only goes in a little way  -- not far enough and you still have to actually HOLD it there and cannot just put it in, set it and let it fill. 

This forces the filler to squat (when on the lake/dock filling) and hold the gas filler and handle the entire time. And since you can't fill it quickly, it's a ridiculous amount of time to try to hold it.

Is this normal? The dealer is telling us they changed it in 2014 (per "government" requirements) so they cannot do anything about it.... BUT, our new car doesn't do this. Also, someone with a 2014 Aqua Patio doesn't have this issue either.

Anyone else out there with this problem - or Godfrey.... can it be fixed? I can guarantee we won't be buying another if it remains like this and other than this, so far we really like the boat. 

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I just took delivery of my 2015, 2286 put the nozzle in took gas fast have a 35 gallon take I had the nozzle set to cut off shot gas out when it clicked won't do that again. I'm just wondering what the pump beside the battery is? Going back to dealer later in the week if no one answers I'll try and remember to ask
  • Ddancers
    Ddancers Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Is that a Triple tube or have Boomer or did they increase tank size. That's one neg on my unit having only 21 gal tank, but I do like the 27" tubes. I have a 2015 240DF and the marine nozzle went in without a problem and filled it with auto shut off - then top it.
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    That's a triple tube 35 gallon tank is the upgrade with tritune mine has 25" tubes upgraded from 23" the black thing beside the battery is a charcoal canister run from the fuel tank EPA 2015 regulation