Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2015 Sweetwater Model 2286 gas tank opening does not fit the gas nozzle

Almertes
Almertes Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Q&A

We just purchased a 2015 Sweetwater Model 2286. Filled it at a gas station on the way to the lake (discovering the problem) and then again at another location on the lake... confirming it was the boat, not the stations issue since the 2nd locations nozzle wouldn't fit either.

It only goes in a little way  -- not far enough and you still have to actually HOLD it there and cannot just put it in, set it and let it fill. 

This forces the filler to squat (when on the lake/dock filling) and hold the gas filler and handle the entire time. And since you can't fill it quickly, it's a ridiculous amount of time to try to hold it.

Is this normal? The dealer is telling us they changed it in 2014 (per "government" requirements) so they cannot do anything about it.... BUT, our new car doesn't do this. Also, someone with a 2014 Aqua Patio doesn't have this issue either.

Anyone else out there with this problem - or Godfrey.... can it be fixed? I can guarantee we won't be buying another if it remains like this and other than this, so far we really like the boat. 

Thanks!

Comments

• rdb613
    rdb613 Member Posts: 3
    Mine has the same issue - works if I turn nozzle upside down from above the gas fill line.
  • bbower64
    bbower64 Member Posts: 8
    Same issue.  I  have to stand and push the nozzle into opening to fill.  It takes a long time to fill.
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with my 2015 2286 I have the 35 gallon tank