Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Honda 250 mounting location

I have a new, (6months old) 2019 23’ sweet water tritioon with a Honda 250, my top speed is 30mph, 5600 rpm, 3 adults 3 kids onboard. And full speed it looks like I’m  throwing a lot of turbulence out. I’m wondering if the engine is in the right position.  I’m mounted in the highest position. I don’t think the guys I bought it from had a clue stewing this up.

Comments

• moomba
    moomba Member Posts: 3
    Welcome to Godfrey/Sweetwater lack of customer service.  I had a 2013 2286 ( 2 toons) and now have a 2019 2186 ( 2 toons) with a 115 yamaha.  I have a 20" shaft on it and I can't utilize hardly any trim or turn very well without the prop ventilating.  I lowered the motor to the lowest setting myself as it came next to the top.  I think it needs a 25" shaft at the highest setting but you will never get a reply from Godfrey.  I had the same issue on both boats.  The only thing I can say is I get just over 30mph with only a 115 on a gps so it is close.  I am tempted to put a shaft extension kit on and or a "pontoon prop" but you would think Godfrey would help as they should do the research and testing on their product.  This will be my "Last" Godfrey boat.
  • Skiman
    Skiman Member Posts: 11
    You should get more than 30 mph out of a 250 on a tri toon. I had a 2086 with a 50 hp Mercury CT and could get 18-20 mph on a calm day. Does it have lifting strakes? I took video and complained to the dealer and Godfrey for several months and they ended up swapping my pontoon out with the next upgraded model. I paid for a few more options and kept my motor, but it seems ok now. Mine was doing something similar. It had a lot of splash around the motor. They said it was too low in the water. Be sure to do it while it’s under warranty. 

In this Discussion