Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Talon SS4 Prop for VF115 SHO on Sweetwater 2286 SBX (repost )

KapiliKapili Kaneohe Bay, HawaiiMember Posts: 6
My first post:  I just bought a 2021 2286 sbx with a vmax 115, it came with an aluminum 135/8" x 14".  With this prop, 4 people on board, no trim, the rpm was 6400 and climbing.  I throttled back @6400 as the max rpm is 6300.  Speed was only 26.6 mph (very underwhelming for a tritoon boat),  no pull from 4000-6400 rpm.  I am doing research for another prop.

My second post:  The third tube is a 27" sport tube, all tubes have lifting strakes. I chose the VF115 for my 2021 Sweetwater 2286 SBX for cruising and water-sports activities; since the 150 was heavier and more expensive.  After much research, and discussion with my dealer, I purchased a Talon SS4 13.25 X16 prop. This is for cruising/tubing/waterskiing/fuel economy, and handling, we normally cruise around at 10-15 mph.  I hope to achieve about 5800-6000 rpm without trim; with trim 6100-6300rpm, and 30-34 mph. with 2 people and 3/4 fuel on board. The prop is on back order through the middle of April (from PartsVu), will post after water test.  Generally speaking, the diameter of a four-blade prop is smaller than that of a three-blade prop with the same pitch.   A smaller diameter prop helps a four-blade spin up quickly and allows the motor to rev as high as it would with a three-blade of comparable pitch (theoretically).  Craig mahalo for your response.
Tagged:

Comments

• DeckerSPDeckerSP Member Posts: 1
    Just bought the same boat (just standard prop).  We are putting it in the water today and will begin break in.  The tech mounting the motor on Saturday said he just had a Bennington out with the same VMax 115 and hit 33...and expects similar speeds.  Am hopeful...also interested in more posts
  • KapiliKapili Kaneohe Bay, HawaiiMember Posts: 6
    Fantastic Decker. We love this boat!  What size prop do you have, where do you live?  Our boat came with a double canopy, am thinking of removing it since the stern bimini top gives enough shade (more drag, less speed). Hereʻs a shot of "Kapili" means bring together in Hawaiian.  Boat runs great in rough water-1-3ʻ seas.  I am curious on your performance.  Let me know how your boat did.  I bought a gps from Amazon since Kapili just came with a tach/hour meter only (single center center gauge, trim/fuel. gauges starboard of the tach.  Also, the bottom paint will reduce speed.  I donʻt care how fast the boat goes, but want to prop it correctly to get the best performance out of the Vnax 115SHO.  The talon SS4 is now scheduled to be shipped to me sometime next month.  Will keep everyone updated on the performance once I receive the prop.  No blow out/cavitation with standard prop, even in hard turns.  Have just over 3 hours on SHO.  We are leaving the boat in the ocean, since I am totally disabled, to make it easier to use.  Send a photo if you can.