Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

How can I obtain a wiring diagram for my boat?

Options
Basically, this is all due to the fact that my stereo doesn't work.  The boat has been sitting out uncovered for 3 years.  I charged the batteries.  Everything works except the radio.  The light works on the switch labeled 'stereo', but no power is going to the unit.  I replaced the unit with a new one (sony xPlod with bluetooth, pandora, and a usb port-stuff we wanted on a new radio anyway).  I am stumped.  I don't know much about the wiring of the boat.  Is there a fuse between the 'stereo' switch and the stereo?  

The switches are labeled 'stereo' 'acc' 'anc' , etc.  Under those switches there are some little white buttons that say "push to reset".  What are those?  Could they be damaged from weather?  Where can I get a wiring diagram that shows me which one of those goes to the radio?  

I greatly appreciate any advice you can offer.  

Answers

• graystoke
    graystoke Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same issue - anyone have a suggestion?

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    Options

push to reset is a circuit breaker, instead of a fuse

• BKsFunBoat
    BKsFunBoat Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I wrote directly to Godfrey using the customer support link on their website and requested a wiring diagram for my 2004 Sweetwater. I received an e-mail with attachments within a few days. The wiring diagram I received looks like what the factory would use to assemble the harness. Very few actual component call-outs, mostly cable colors ant connector types. Better then nothing and the customer service was fast. I plan on going through the harness myself and updating the factory diagram. 
  • zinzoid
    zinzoid Member Posts: 1
    Options

can you send me a link for the wiring diagram?

thanks

talian@optonline.net

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Check the back of the radio Mine is a Sony and has a 10 amp spade fuse

• CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    Options
    just run a new hot wire to the battery and be done with it
  • captainal
    captainal Member Posts: 3
    Options
    has anyone installed a new ignition switch, i need to know which wires do what? the hot and ground are a given, need to know the other 4...thx
  • captainal
    captainal Member Posts: 3
    Options
    oh yea,its a 2003 sweetwater 180es....

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2851Hotrod
    2851Hotrod Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Still in search of wire colors for ignition switch and kill switch