Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Water in pontoons

Options
kenny131lt
kenny131lt Member Posts: 2
I have a 2001 Aqua Patio 210. Pontoons have 3 vent plugs on each side.  Are ther 3 compartments or just one ?  I have water ion the pontoons you can hear when standing beside the boat on the trailer when you stop.  I drained as much as posible by siphoning.  How do I find the leak?

Comments

• 253checkmate
    253checkmate Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options
    I had a similar problem with my 2086 Sweetwater. The factory told me the pontoons had separate chambers so they could not completely fill if punctured. They had to pressure test each chamber to find the leak in mine. Turned out to be a bad weld along the bottom.
  • Capt_Steve
    Capt_Steve Member Posts: 137 admin
    Options
    Response from Matt in Godfrey Pontoons Customer Support: 

The tubes are chambered.  Each vent plug is for each chamber in the tube.  Over time it is not uncommon for water to get into the tube from condensation.  If there is a LOT of water in the tubes then they will need to be inspected for leaks. Typically this should be done by a Godfrey dealer.  They will apply soapy water on the welds and put about 5lbs air pressure into the tubes.  If the one of the welds produces a bubble, they have found a leak.
  • lovetoboat
    lovetoboat Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Options
    I also have had about 8oz of saltwater in both front chambers yearly.Thanks to Matt for the useful information.