Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

• Best Of...
  • Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

We are excited to announce that a full Forum system upgrade is under way, which will make it even easier to get answers to your questions, help other owners by using your boating experience, and receive dependable advice from our network of experts. While things may look and operate a little differently, we believe the new system will ultimately improve your Forum Member experience.

We are doing everything we can to transition your account smoothly without you having to change your current login, username or password. You should be able to get into your account exactly the same way once the transition takes place. However, if you have any questions or comments, please leave a comment in the General Discussions category.

We look forward to sharing new features with you as we upgrade and improve your Owner's Club Forum experience!

Pontoon welds breaking

Anyone else having trouble with the welds on the pontoons cracking? Let me explain a little first, I work at a rental site for the militay and all boats are trailered by the customers, we have 2 2013 models and 2 2012 models,(both 2086)  along with some 2008 model years. The 2012/2013 models are cracking on the rear welds causing the pontoons to take on water. We also had the front of the pontoons start leaking at the front where the bottom of the first section meets up with the "V" ridge on the bottom of the pontoons. We thought this might be caused by customers beaching the pontoons or hitting the dock/ramps to hard but none of our other pontoons or boats show any signs of this. Any ideas or suggections?

Comments

• BoomerBoomer USAMember Posts: 350 ✭✭
      Have you contacted Godfrey?

Contact Us

Nautic Global Group
      4500 Middlebury Street
      P.O. Box 1158
      Elkhart, IN 46516
      Phone: 574.522.8381
      Fax: 574.522.5120
      Dale Hollow Lake Byrdstown Tennessee
    • MurphMurph Member Posts: 9
      Not yet but as I wrote we are a rental actitivity part of the military (US Army) and if you ever dealt with the militarty you know it takes times for things to go up the chain of command. The lower peons can't do much when it comes to this. I have asked management to contact the dealer (local) but haven't heard anything from them yet.
    • DdancersDdancers Member Posts: 134 ✭✭

Sounds serious, that's a high percentage. I don't know much about welding, but sounds like reason for everyone to have some concerns. If you can, post pictures, and please keep us updated.

Can't get the images to post here. :(
      Doesn't work with my IE 9, Maybe Firefox? I'll try that or post from the house over the holiday.
      Firefox to the rescue. B)
      If look close you can see the hairline crack at the bottom of the welds.
      I see it. Please keep us updated.
      Ddancers said:
      I see it. Please keep us updated.
      Will do, keep in mind I work for the Gov't so it may be 2016 before anything happens. :)
      :)  
      The welds on mine are very neat looks like who ever did it knew how
    • 253checkmate253checkmate Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
      I too had the same problem on my 2011 2086 at the front of the pontoon where you mentioned. Leaking right at the weld. I now have a 2014 PE 220 tritoon and it also has a leaking pontoon. I noticed it while my buddy was backing up the boat from storage. I could hear it sloshing inside when the boat would come to a stop on the trailer. The dealer now has the boat for repairs over the winter.
      Did you notice any differences when you were on the water?  I don't trailer my 2015 so it might go un-noticed.
      Just to give an update to this.
      We are biting the cost on this and having a local shop re-weld the pontoons. I did notice that the bolts holding the pontoons to the deck cross members were loose. The real loose ones were the ones in the area of the broken welds. Don't know if that caused the welds to break or not but you can bet we will keep an eye out for that next time.
      Thanks for the update.
    • zz225303zz225303 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
      Is the repair to reweld the area, i have heard that  some have used epoxy for a repair, also, should the cracks be stop drilled to prevent further cracking? I have a 2009  Aqua Patio, 220BC with the port side front section
      Leaking at the lower rear weld, i noticed it when my speed kept dropping off, and when we put it back on the trailer you could see it dripping. I will check to see if it's covered under warranty before doing anything.