Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Pontoon to tritoon conversion?

Dsaward
Dsaward Member Posts: 4
Is it possible to order an OEM center toon and hardware and convert a 2004 Sanpan 2500 DC pontoon into a tritoon? Does the transom need to be modified?

Comments

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Here's one I found on Google http://www.pontoonwholesalers.com/home.html
  • Dsaward
    Thank Boomer, you know anyone who's installed one of these? Aesthetically its a bit clunky looking... Was hoping I may be able to add an aluminum toon similar to my two existing toons. Definitely reasonable price though.
  • Dsaward
    Figured I'd leave some feedback on this subject:  I spoke with the local Godfrey dealer, and they quoted me approx $4900 for the tritoon conversion. Involves modification of the under-skin, modification of the transom mounts (must remove motor), welding on of lifting strakes. 
  • Ddancers
    Ddancers Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    If you check out the build your own options for 24' you'll get a good feel what  upgrades are at time of purchase.
           25" Triple Tube Package (OB): Under deck skin (full length); Inside Skirting; lifting strakes; add third tube with launch pad; 35 gallon fuel tank. $3,809
           27" Triple Tube Package (OB): Under deck skin (full length); Inside Skirting; lifting strakes; add third tube with launch pad; 45 gallon fuel tank. $4,309 Of course the dealer will do better on price, but I can see where the Godfrey pricing is coming from. Would you get the bigger gas tank too.Still that's a lot of dollars for an older model. Are you sill considering the conversion?