Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Owners Manual wanted

mal
mal Member Posts: 4
Sweetwater 2006 1780...anyone able to help?

Comments

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    You can find out more online than an owners manual they are pretty generic
  • CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

Rather than answer each of the posts, I thought I could have a new thread or sticky if the moderator can do that. This is meant for those new to boating !

When you buy a boat, new or used, there generally isn't ONE all-inclusive manual. There will be several booklets, one for the boat, one for the motor, one for the trailer. They are all made by seperate manufacturers. In addition, if you are lucky, there will be paperwork on boat systems such as radio, steering, controls, canvas & vinyl. My Godfrey dealer had all of that for me in a nice canvas bag, as the boat was new. It may be easier to research on the internet, or contact specific manufacturers. If you do post on here, please list the brand names, sizes, and hp.

• Boomer
    We have no Moderator so we can't sticky I'm a Moderator on The Rinker Owners Club Forum but Godfrey doesn't doesn't give much power tp do things I'll get hold of Jeff who took over when Capn' Steve left the company and see what we can do. 
  • perryleaming
    perryleaming Member Posts: 6
    Would some kind person copy his or her electrical schematic and what ever owners manual they might have and post them so us never had ones could read them. I have downloaded my Honda manual for the 40HP (elementary if you have Web) and will gladly sent it to anyone via their e-mail. I do not care what your boat is.....it would help to see and at least compare to what boat one has.
  • Boomer
    That kind of stuff like electrical schematic is not in any that I've seen
  • CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    I have had a bunch of boats over the years, mostly new with paperwork. Never got an overall wiring diagram. Maybe the manufacturer provides them to the service techs at the Boat Stores. I have gotten refrigerator, helm, radio, built in battery charger, etc. wiring diagrams, but NOT the actual boat.
  • mal

I've had boats before, the last one was a Stingray. They have a brilliant website where you can find any part for your actual boat or motor based on their individual serial numbers, including manuals. I now have a Sweetwater 1780RE pontoon (2006)which needs a bit of love and care and would like to know is there a similar system within the Godfrey Marine website?

• mal

Forgot to ask a question. What is the flip switch on the console labelled AERATOR  supposed to do?

• Ddancers
    Ddancers Member Posts: 110 ✭✭
    edited April 2015

Sound like a live well fill. The spray usually has a lot of air bubbles and serves to both fill and aerates water in the live well. Keeps bait and or fish alive. I actually have two live wells on my Sweetwater one  forward and one aft.