Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2015 AP 240cb with sony head unit and polk speakers sucks

jmeyers278
jmeyers278 Member Posts: 3
I think they really missed the mark on the amplifier on this system.  The subwoofer is set up just like a regular speaker and the speaker above the sub isn't even hooked up.  The front 2 and rear 2 speakers are super loud and the speakers on the side of the boat are barely doing anything.  I have tried every setting there is and no help.  The rear speakers rattle the cabinet under the bar badly with any base at all.  Any suggestions would be nice.  I think I need to get a new amplifier and start over

Comments

• erictm74
    erictm74 Member Posts: 6
    I removed and added all JL Audio with Kenwood headunit on the 2014 240CB.
  • jmeyers278
    jmeyers278 Member Posts: 3
    its a shame for what we pay for these boats that we would have to do that

• jcole
    jcole Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased the same boat. The amp needs major adjustments (sub output turn down) along with the head unit. Also check the speaker wiring. I had 1 wire off of 2 of the component speakers.  The sub and component speakers run off the amp the others off the head unit.
  • jetfixer
    jetfixer Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    When you say you tried every setting, are you talking about the sound settings in the head unit, or on the amplifier too? There are front/rear balancing settings on the amplifier. If you didn't get the manual, you can download it online. Sounds like someone did a quickie install without setting it up right. I have a 15 Aqua Patio 220 with the upgraded additional speakers and it sounds great with only minor adjustments.
  • jcole
    jcole Member Posts: 2
    after 1 season had to change amp. The amp was overheating and shutting off. just installed 2 Rockford Fosgate marine amps. Had to do a little wiring, but now all the speakers are on one 4 channel amp and the sub is on a mono amp. now it has 100x4 (2ohm) and 300x1 for the sub. Can't wait to get it back in the water.