New to the forums here. Put a down payment on a 2017 2286 DL and am meeting the dealer this weekend to review final options, colors etc. Some wants/needs are high carrying capacity (usually have large groups), ability to pull tubes and skiers on occasion.
So far the options discussed include:
- Yamaha 115hp
- 25" Sport Tube (OB): w/ 3rd 25" Tube, lifting strakes, standard pan and tank, HD channels
- Metro Gray vinyl; entire deck
- Bluetooth/App Ready/AUX and 4 Silver Speakers
- Ski Tow Bar (Basic)
- 3x Hook Depth/Fish Finder
- Changing Room
- Cooler; 25-Qt Carry-on
- Hyd. steering w/ tilt wheel
- Upgrade Cpt. Chair
- Play Pen Cover
- Soft Touch Vinyl
Things I'm thinking of changing or upgrading to are:
- 25" Triple Tube Package (OB): For $1,200 more it includes full underdeck skin and inside skirting, launch pad, 35 gal tank, GPS speedo. I'm hoping this gives even more speed due to reduction in drag.
- Interested in doing individual seat covers instead of the play pen cover. Thoughts?
- Entertainment Center (built-in sink w/ hand pump and cooler storage). Not sure where this would go but saw it on Build-a-Boat.
- Upgrade to Light-it-up stereo (not sure what the difference here is.)
- Ski Tow Bar upgrade to the Premium one. Will this be needed for tubing or is the basic one fine?
- Adjustable Pedestal and Base for Cpt. Chair
- Bow Cooler Table (I've seen mixed thoughts on here about these vs. using your own cooler)
- Lighting; mood accents under seat
- Bow Filler Seat. Anyone have this? Was hoping it would increase seating capacity and look "factory".
- Gen2 Hyd. steering (not sure what's better about this over the standard Hyd.)
Obviously want to do this right the first time so I was hoping to hear from owners about any possible regrets of options that either you wish you had or wish you didn't waste the money on etc.