Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Small three position switch

Options
Bill_C
Bill_C Member Posts: 3
I have a 2006 Aqua Patio 25RE w/ a Volvo 3.4 L V6 sterndrive. I am the third owner of this Great boat.

I have the Volvo single lever shift/throttle control w/ the trim toggle on the left end of the control.
I need to know what the small rocker switch on the bottom of the handle, which could be activated by the
middle & fourth fingers while they wrapped around the handle. What is this switch used for?

Also my tachometer will swing upward erratically when you tap on the center of the Bezel, and then back to the
real RPM (at least at near idle speeds like 800-1100 RPM).
Who makes these Tach's for Godfrey? I would like to get it repaired or at least get a schematic, before I attack it.
 I am a retired Electronic Design Engineer so I am not afraid to work on it, if that's the only way?

I also need a schematic of the control panel, so I can modify it so I could back feed the panel via the outlet on the
dashboard with "Jumper Box" the run the electric lift over the engine cover.
Last year I disconnected the hatch switch and made a cable and opened the hatch to charge both the batteries ( the second owner added a big stereo w/ a Kicker 400w amp driven by the second battery) I still have to trace this system, but it sounds great w/ my Jimmy Buffett 5hr MP3 disk !
I may just pull a pig tail from the changeover switch, and use it during spring startup ( this year with the switch in the ALL positon
the cover opened.)

I think that's all I need to do at this time.
Thank You in advance!

Comments

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Most gauges were Faria Don't know about the switch https://fariabeede.com/forms/?form=new
  • CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options

Well,maybe switch allows engine to come out of gear so you can rev engine without prop turning.

Good luck getting any schematics, I believe the builder just provides them to authorized dealers

In this Discussion