Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

We are going through a website transition, and some things might look a little different in the next few weeks. We are working on building out the system design to reflect the changes being made on our website. Please bare with us during the transition!

Prop confusion

Motor7Motor7 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
2006 PartyKraft 22', Yamaha F90 w/oem 13 1/4 diameter x17 pitch  prop = 22-23 mph with a moderate load @ 5200 rpm

My SIL ran across a rocky shallow and destroyed the above prop. So I have been reading and researching a replacement that might give me more rpm. Everything I read says going down in pitch will gain rpm. Top rpm of the F90 is 6K, so there there is room for improvement. 

So at a marina near the lake I found a Solas 13 1/2x15. Slapped it on and I got 19mph @4800 RPM...????  Entering my boat info into several prop calculators points to a 14x13 prop....so I hesitate on this as I think I will loose more speed and more rpm? So now I am confused and think I will just have the oem prop repaired......what am I missing here?

Comments