Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Sanpan 2500FE (2004) Repower. 115 vs 150 hp Yamaha 4-stroke?

CaptDCaptD Member Posts: 1
Looking to repower a 2004 Sanpan 2500FE.  Rated 150 hp max. Trying to decide if worth the $3K extra to go larger. Looking for experiences with this boat with either of those powers. What speed can I expect? Is extra 100 lbs a problem at stern? Fast speed mainly for tube and wake board pulling of grandson getting older. Otherwise, just slow cruising. Other possible option is 140 hp Suzuki.

Comments

• SpikeSpike Member Posts: 5
    I’m planning the same upgrade with our Godfrey SW2186MT “sport”.  How did you make out? How do you like the extra hp? 
  • TomETomE Member Posts: 11
    Here's my observations: My Sanpan 2500 FE is new to me and I just had my first shakedown cruise on it yesterday. It's powered with a Mercury 115 EFI. This is one HEAVY boat, and actually steers like a barge, (something I just have to adjust to) and I can say that if I was going to power the boat, I'd go as large as the boat allows, i.e., I'd get the 150. The boat is rated for 17 people (that high a number would have to include a lot of children). I had 6 adults aboard, and although the 115 did ok, I'd still opt for the larger motor. IMHO.
    2007 Godfrey Sanpan 2500 FE
    Mercury 115 EFI