Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

New Owners - 1st Time Pontooners

Options
diane509
diane509 Member Posts: 3
Hello y’all.  

We are new 1st time pontoon owners.  Taking delivery in May of our 2019 Godfrey Sweetwater 2386DT with a Yamaha 150hp motor.      We previously owned stern drive runabouts from 16’ to 19’ and a stern drive 27’ cruiser (which we traded in for the simplicity and ... hopefully money savings of a pontoon boat) Another reason for our selection of this boat was towability.. or so we were told.  It weighs a lot less than our Keystone Sprinter 276RLS travel trailer that weighs 7800 lbs empty.  We are towing with our Ford F-150 eco-boost.

We have only ridden on a pontoon before with friends - in smooth water - cocktailing.  It was quite pleasant and really appealed to us - since we are in our 60’s and no longer need the speed for water sports.  

Our usage will be cruising the river and lake, stopping for a swim, cocktails, boating to dinner or dinner on the boat at sunset.  Planning to tow the grandkids on the tube .. and ok, maybe I have one last ski left in me on the old O’Brien I bought 8 years ago and have never used.  Never say never.

We would love advice on pontoon boat operation and maintenance as well as tips of any kind on:

Anchoring (what size, type and where do you store yours) 

Front Ladders (are they worth it) Ours doesn’t come with one

Towing tips of any kind Trailering tips of any kind

Must have gizmos and things for this type of boat (other than the required gear)

Storage tricks

Cabanas for camping and/or cooler days

Looking forward to our new adventure!!!  

Will post a picture after we take delivery May 13.

Diane & Ron Rudnick Liberty Lake WA