Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Loss of fuel to motor at 1/2 tank on gage

rmcraermcrae USAMember Posts: 2
Took my newly purchased 56-hour used 2015 Model 2086 out for a ride tonight. Fuel tank said 1/2 when the engine quit running. No matter what I did, it would not run. Occasionally fire off, but quit after a couple seconds. Got a tow in. Decided to add fuel to see if the gage was ridiculously off. Took about 8 gallons and fuel started spilling out the filler. Gage said full. Pumped the primer bulb, started the engine, ran fine. What gives? Does this boat only have an 8 gallon onboard tank??? I found a label that indicates it should be 28 gallons. Any ideas what could be happening here? Is it possible I have a broken pickup tube or something on a boat that’s only 4 years old?? Thanks for any suggestions. 
Tagged:

Comments

• rmcraermcrae USAMember Posts: 2
    Update: The fuel tank tag states 24 gallons.
  • EricGFEricGF Member Posts: 5
    My 2015 Sweetwater 2086, bought brand new, was advertised to have a 24 gallon tank. It is only a 12 gallon tank. Additionally, my fuel gauge started only registering above 1/2 VERY shortly after the warranty expired. My advice is to follow one of my primary rules of boating: "The only time you can have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."