Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

2015 sweetwater speedometer issue

KParks
KParks Member Posts: 5
Towards the end of last year, around October, I started noticing that my speedometer was not working correctly.  The gauge is showing less than the actual speed of the the tritoon.  I have contacted the dealer where I got the toon from, but they seem to keep dodging the issue.  I cannot get them to come check like they are suppose, or even get an apportionment to bring it in.  I requested one back in early April when they serviced my boat, but "forgot" to check it.....   Any recommendation would be appreciated.   

Comments

• Toddler65
    Toddler65 Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2016
    Count yourself lucky if it works at all. Marine speedometers (except gps based guages) are no where near accurate. Mine is mph slow mph at 25 mph and 5 mph fast at 51.
    Unless it does not work at all leave the dealer out of it.
  • CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    I agree, live with it. Put an ap on your phone or use a GPS.
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Take a 1/16 drill bit and clean the port on the drive Doesn't have to be this brand they are all similar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esQ3opX9yhU
  • CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    All the speedometers I've seen run off a tube on the portside stern of the boat, beneath the waterline. Most were fiberglass V hull boats though. So this video was educational for me.
  • jonesjj3
    jonesjj3 Member Posts: 5
    Going to check mine in a few days thanks for the link
  • emmagreen
    emmagreen Member Posts: 4
    mine is not accurate though, we shouldn't worry about speedometer