Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Electrical issue

had the battery replaced. Now my panel does not work. No lights, horn radio or depth finder. I think they have a wire on the wrong terminal on the battery. Boat starts and runs, no electrical. How do you know which terminal goes where?

Comments

• carguybill
    carguybill Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I have found that, generally, the wires are red that attach to the + terminal and almost always black that attach to the - terminal. If it appears that the wires are attached correctly I would look for a fuse or circuit breaker connected to the red wiring. a blown fuse will give you the same situation that you are experiencing.

Good luck, keep us posted on your results.
  • TRey
    TRey Member Posts: 9
    I agree with what Carguybill has said. You should give a try to the method told above, or else you can even consult some expert electrician to get your electrical issue solved. Some of the electricians I know are Electricians Bryn Mawr PA, JVD electric and Kelly electric. These are the professional electricians who offer electrical damage repair service and are expert in repairing the wires too. You can consult any of them and can your motor wires repaired easily. Good luck.
  • jetfixer
    jetfixer Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    The standard wiring color chart can be found here...
    https://www.boatingmag.com/abyc-color-codes-boat-wiring#page-2
  • lucy
    lucy Member Posts: 1
    Trim button works to raise and lower 150 hp yamaha engine for godfrey 24 ' pontoon boat. But guage doesn't work. Just bought. Any ideas. 
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Check for power to gauge if that's OK Faria has a lifetime warranty but there is a steep handling charge but they will match the gauge  https://fariabeede.com/2-pages/products_marine.php
  • jetfixer
    jetfixer Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    lucy said:
    Trim button works to raise and lower 150 hp yamaha engine for godfrey 24 ' pontoon boat. But guage doesn't work. Just bought. Any ideas. 
    Look at the front of the engine at the shaft that the engine pivots around when it is tilted. You'll see a black plastic lever that is supposed to move as the engine tilts. That lever is the sending unit for the trim indicator. They can get stuck in one position. See if yours is stuck and give it a good cleaning and spray some white lithium grease on it.