Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

posts asking about boat manuals

CRF
CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

Rather than answer each of the posts, I thought I could have a new thread or sticky if the moderator can do that. This is meant for those new to boating !

When you buy a boat, new or used, there generally isn't ONE all-inclusive manual. There will be several booklets, one for the boat, one for the motor, one for the trailer. They are all made by seperate manufacturers. In addition, if you are lucky, there will be paperwork on boat systems such as radio, steering, controls, canvas & vinyl. My Godfrey dealer had all of that for me in a nice canvas bag, as the boat was new. It may be easier to research on the internet, or contact specific manufacturers. If you do post on here, please list the brand names, sizes, and hp.

Comments

• johnwr
    johnwr Member Posts: 1
    2001 Sweet Water 180 ES Challenger with Johnson 30 HP which is original.  I am looking for some basic help with standard staring procedures.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
  • CRF
    CRF Member Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    That's our problem we don't have a moderator I'm one on The Rinker Boat Owners Board but it gives little power and no sticky allowed I've been in touch but only one reply and no action I seem to get more imfo on Facebook it's a closed group but approval is fast https://www.facebook.com/groups/142131885932428/
  • jeff
    jeff Member Posts: 5

older 30 hp Johnson ..most important for starting is pump the primer ball till it's hard first ..then will start much easier

• cobb529
    cobb529 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a gently used 2003 Sanpan 2500 LE, Yamaha 115 4 stroke (F115TLRB) from a dealer with no manuals.
    I can get info on the trailer and Outboard, it's the vessel itself that I need info on.
    Not new to boating (have had bowriders, cruisers, but NEW to Pontoon. Any help appreciated!
  • Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Manuals are generic no imfo on specific boats you can go to this Facebook page and join thousands of members a lot of knowlegable members https://www.facebook.com/groups/142131885932428/