Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Touch-up paint needed

Options
jetfixer
jetfixer Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
Does anyone know of a way to either get some touch-up paint, or to get the color code so I can have some made? I have a 2008 Sanpan with the tan colored side panels. In scrubbing away the black streaks, I've gotten down to bare metal in some spots.....

Comments

• fuggetaboutit
    fuggetaboutit Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Most Autozone, Orielly Auto Parts or Advance Auto Pars have a touch up section with the two(2) oz bottles for about $5-6.00. I have been fortunate to closely match paint with them in the past, for a more accurate way of matching some paint with consideration to fading and such, a body shop can photo a section of your boat, and mix you a near perfect match for about $25.00, hope this helps, whatever you do, I suggest you do not leave the metal bare, corrosion can start and cause more problems, good luck!.
  • lovetoboat
    lovetoboat Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Fuggetaboutit for the imfo. Iwas able to get a can of spray paint that matches but when I sprayed it the paint bubbled leading me to believe that the factory  paint was water base paint{2004 2019sc toon} Oil base  paint will lift the water base paint off.
  • Puttchurch
    Puttchurch Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a tan 07 san pan and need some touch up paint.  I went to the local paint store but the match was not close....do you have a recommendation for me?