Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Vinyl floor decking stain

Options
hildahag
hildahag Member Posts: 2
Hi!  We have a 2016 Sweetwater.  The decking outside the rail at the very front of the boat has a very large area that has a rust discoloration.  Looking online, it mentions that it could be from our anchor chain.  That could be a possibility as it is in the area we rest the chain when bringing in the anchor.  I have also been told it might be from sunscreen, but that seems unlikely to me.  If that is the problem, I am not aware of sunscreen being used on our boat, especially in that area.  Any suggestions how to (if it is possible) remove this stain?  I am attaching a couple pictures.  Thank you!  Becky

Comments

• TomE
    TomE Member Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's related, but I had an issue with a 2016 Bennington where the vinyl stained and yellowed. It turned out there was a known defect in the manufacturing process where a final sealing coat was not applied to the vinyl. Bennington replaced the entire vinyl flooring under warranty. You might check with Godfrey.
  • hildahag
    hildahag Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you so much for responding!  I sure appreciate it.  Sadly, we are out of warranty.   But it is something to consider!
  • TomE
    TomE Member Posts: 19
    Options
    If it's a manufacturers defect, it might still be covered. Might be worth checking out anyway.
    Tom
  • Flitzer999
    Flitzer999 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    I try some Oxyclean and a scrub brush. Maybe even a magic eraser. These are two things that are pretty effective, but probably won’t cause any further damage. Looks like it’s on there pretty good though.
  • emmagreen
    emmagreen Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Try cleaning companies, you'd be surprised what kind of stains they can handle