Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Will not turn over all fuses look good???

I have a 2005 SanPan. This boat has a new battery, terminals are connected correctly, lights work, kill cord is in place, and master panel work. All 20amp fuses and master panel fuses are good. However the radio will not power on, the trim does not work and the engine will not turn over. Any idea what would cause this and where to locate it on the boat?

Comments

• CraigModerator
    CraigModerator Member, Moderator Posts: 25
    I have had this type of thing happen to me and started to go crazy trying to figure out where the problem might be.  I called my dealer on the phone and asked him what the common causes might be so at least had an idea where to look.

Whenever a motor does not turn over when turning the key, especially if all the other (or most) electronics and dash panel systems work, the very 1st place to check is to make sure the shift lever is in the  "locked" neutral position.  Yeah, that is exactly what my problem was, and yeah, I felt a little dumber.  But I'll never not check that first if it ever happens again.

In this Discussion