Thank you so much for your involvement with the Owner's Club Forum! We hope you've gotten some great information and had the chance to interact with other owners on the current system.

Prop recommendation ?

SweetH20
SweetH20 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

I just got my new Sweetwater Premium 220 SL with TOTAL tri toon package and have been on the water 4 days and love it !  Since I am unfamiliar with the waters in my area, I was considering swapping out my SS prop that came with the boat for an Aluminum prop just in case I were to hit something.  My SS prop. that came with the boat is  a 3 blade,  Mercury Marine Vengeance 48 16312 15P.  First of all, is this the recommended prop for this boat ?  Can you make a suggestion for a variation of this one in an Alum.  and what the results might be with a variation of a 4 blade or a different size 3 blade ?  A fair amount of the time, we will be pulling tubes and  wakeboard with 6 people aboard. 

The top speed with my current SS prop is about 38 mph max with 1 person on board at 5800 RPM but at 3800 RPM,  I am only doing 20 or so.

Best Answer

Answers

• SweetH20
    Thanks for the feedback. I found a great prop shop in Muncie Indiana called Delaware Prop. He was very helpful and recommended a 4 blade ss so I worked out a trade. Now I can't wait to get it installed and back in the water
  • SweetH20
    Have been using the 4 blade SS prop and I suppose it did handle a little better but speed reduced by about 6 MPH and reduced by about 400 RPM as well.  Going to try a Mercury Enertia Prop next.  Delaware Prop has been great about sending me props to try and return until I get just the right one.  I assume I am taxing his patience by now though !  Will go back on the hunt next spring.